(Psst.. Don’t forget to read to the end to discover the 6 Other Benefits Of Coconut Oil That Will Blow Your Mind!)
Did you know that coconut oil is a super food?
Studies show that this healthy source of fat can actually help you lose weight as well as improve your overall appearance.
I first took notice of coconut oil when I noticed one day that my friend had beautiful silky smooth hair.
It was lovely and shiny.
She’s in her 40’s so I asked her what she was doing to it and she told me that she puts coconut oil on it once a week and sleeps with it wrapped in a towel.
I’ve been doing it too and my hair has never been better.
Coconut oil can do more than just give you nicer hair though.
It’s also a powerful fat burner and a great addition to your diet if you’re trying to lose weight.
Let’s look at some of the incredible ways that coconut oil can help build a better you.
1.) Coconut Oil Is Thermogenic Metabolism Booster
This means that after you eat it your body will start to burn calories faster than it normally would.
Coconut oil can turn your body into a fat burning machine by thermogenically burning 5% more calories than normal.
2.) Reduced Appetite
In order to lose weight we need to eat less calories than we burn off. It hard to do that when you’re hungry.
Coconut oil is known appetite suppressant. This means it makes us feel fuller for longer which means less snacking and fewer calories.
One study shows that by consuming coconut oil the average person eats 256 fewer calories per day just due to feeling fuller and eating less!
3.) Gets Rid Of Belly Fat
The belly is the hardest part of the body to slim down. When you’re trying to get skinny the belly is usually the last thing to go.
Well one study was conducted where a group of people consumed coconut oil regularly vs a group who consumed soy bean oil regularly and did some walking every day.
The group that were consuming the coconut oil all lost a significant amount of belly fat otherwise known as visceral fat.
Visceral fat is the most important fat to get rid of because this is fat that lodges round your organs causing, diabetes and heart disease.
A Weight Loss Miracle?
By consuming just 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day we can help suppress our appetite, boost the amount of calories we burn and get rid of stubborn life threatening fat.
Remember that coconut oil is high in fat so there’s no need to consume more than 2 tablespoons per day.
How To Consume Coconut Oil
One thing you’ll notice about coconut oil is that it is almost solid at room temperature.
The best way I have found to liquify it is to get a pot of hot water and put the jar of coconut oil in the water and a few minutes later it’ll be a liquid and ready for you to use.
“Here’s some good ways to use coconut oil.”
1.) Put a bit in your tea or coffee. Put a tablespoon of coconut oil in there.
2.) You can use it as a cooking oil instead of olive or vegetable oil.
3.) Put some in your smoothie.
4.) Or just chug a tablespoon down on it’s own in the morning.
6 Other Benefits Of Coconut Oil That Will Blow Your Mind
- Coconut oil is great for the hair as it reduces protein loss and nourishes the hair follicle.
- Great for the skin. This healthy source of fat is known for skin dryness and wrinkles. Many people actually use coconut oil as a moisturizer and say it makes their skin soft and glowy.
- Prevents sickness and strengthens immune system. Coconut oil contains Lauric acid which kills bacteria and viruses. The nation of Kitavan eat a lot of coconut oil and they are known for being very healthy and rarely getting sick. There are also hardly any known cases of heart disease among the Kitavans.
- Increases the lipid content of the skin which helps smooth out wrinkles so you look younger.
- Whiter teeth and better breath. By using coconut oil as a mouthwash it can actually kill bacteria in the mouth and help remove stains on the teeth leaving them whiter.
- Sunscreen. Coconut oil can effectively reduce the sun’s rays by over 20% so if you’re looking for a natural sunscreen give coconut oil a try.
So there you have it. Coconut oil truly is a super food. And since I’ve embraced coconut oil into my daily life I have never felt better!
For a start I love it in my morning coffee. I truly do find that I feel fuller and don’t feel the need to snack as much anymore.
I also sleep with it on my hair once a week and have noticed a big improvement. My hair is shinier and feels stronger.
Is there anything this little miracle oil can’t do?
Are you a fan of coconut oil or have something to say about it? Then leave a comment below!